Sunday, November 13, 2011

Things 5, 6, 13, and 28

Funnily enough, I thought I was setting aside my list, (“life gets in the way,” I tell myself.) in order to get all ready for finding a job and moving into my own place. I ended up accomplishing a lot on my list while doing this.

5. Clean out my closet – I can honestly say I haven’t done this in years. Between the last entry and this one, you’re all probably thinking I’m a disgusting slob at this point. Oh well. I can’t change what you think. Anyways, I’ve cleaned it out now, and found a dead mouse in the process (sorry, but it is a country house. Which I guess makes him a country mouse. One who will no longer be visiting his cousin, the city mouse). I named him Mr. Tumnus and buried him. In my garbage can. I didn’t want to say a prayer for him, as I was unsure of his denomination, and I don’t like to be disrespectful. Seriously, though, get the hell outta my closet.

6. Donate 2 full bags of closing & related goods to Goodwill – Easily finished. I got rid of a lot of books and shoes as well as clothing.

13. Get my passport – I completed this so that I could go on a shopping trip to Erie with my stepmother. We had a lot of fun. This would still be on the list, if it weren’t for that trip. I'm quite happy I have it now, though. My mom lives in Niagara Falls, and now I'll be able to go on little jaunts with her. This is especially good, because the pizza and wings on the US side are super tasty.

28. Write a proper resume for my company – Well, this has been accomplished, but I’m not certain I’ll need that resume anymore. I’m not actually with that company anymore (I am, in a VERY roundabout way). Basically, a proper resume is about 4 pages long (as opposed to the average 2 pages I would normally write for other companies), and is much more detailed than most HR departments need or want. However, because it’s so detailed, it makes my other resumes really easy to tweak for whatever I’m applying for. I have all the phrasing I need in there, and can just copy and paste what I need into the other resume. To be honest, if there’s anything I think people could take away from my sporadically updated blog, it’s that I have NEVER regretted spending more time working on my resumes or cover letters.

Anyways, that’s all the news that’s fit to print. The next entry you read will probably be posting from the comfort of my own living room. I’m really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment